The Zoological Society of London is looking for a Reviews Editor to join the Editorial Board of Journal of Zoology.
Journal of Zoology publishes high-quality research papers and reviews in all areas of zoology, including animal behaviour, ecology, physiology, anatomy, developmental biology, evolution, systematics, genetics and genomics.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Reviews Editor, who:
- has expertise in any field of invertebrate zoology, ideally on the side of genetics, molecular biology, physiology or related areas
- can identify hot topics and emerging themes for review articles
- can select potential authors
- will commission reviews and follow up on their progress
- will work with our Senior and Associate Editor teams
- can oversee peer-review of review papers
Even though previous editorial experience is desirable, we encourage early career scientists to apply even if they have not previously worked as a Reviews Editor.
If you are interested, please send your CV to JournalofZoology@zsl.org and include a cover letter describing why you would like to join the team. The successful candidate will work alongside our existing Reviews Editor, Dr Dave Hone, Queen Mary University of London.
Deadline for applications: 1 July 2020